Monday, September 10, 2012

Mushroom, Spinach, Walnut & Lobster Crepes

Last week my parents came to meet George and visit for the week. While they were here Daddy got to go catch lobsters with Nathan and his boss. Thankfully Nathan willingly cooked up the lobsters and I made the crepes. If you're wondering what the best set-up for cooking lobsters is the next 5 pictures are a great example. 






Here is the finished product. 

This is the recipe that I got my inspiration from. I, of course, didn't follow it exactly and it doesn't include the recipes for the white sauce, crepes, or Hollandaise.

8 crepes
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 pound freshly shucked Maine lobster meat
1 teaspoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
1/4 clarified butter
1 cup cooked well drained spinach
1/4 cup minced onions
1/4 cup white sauce
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
1 cup hollandaise sauce
1 teaspoon chopped garlic
1/4 cup chopped parsley
1/4 cup chopped walnuts

 
Over medium heat in a medium sized saucepan, heat butter and add garlic, onions, and mushrooms.
Saute' until soft.
Add walnuts, black pepper, lemon, spinach and white sauce.
Blend thoroughly and remove from heat.
In individual shallow baking dishes, assemble crepes.
Place 2 oz. of Maine lobster in each crepe, top with spinach mixture, and wrap each crepe.
Place in baking dish, approximately 2 to a dish, with folded side down.
Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
While crepes are baking, make Hollandaise sauce.
Remove crepes from oven, top with Hollandaise, garnish with chopped parsley and paprika and serve.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

oh! my! yumminess! so, would you say fresh lobster is one of the best perks of living on the new england coast!!??

i didn't know y'all bought one of those burners - we love ours!

your dad is so cool!! look at his shoes!! ...and is nathan's hair thinning on top (gasp!)?

Unknown said...

We haven't bought a burner or pot yet, we borrowed Leo's. I need a burner, one pot for lobsters and one for beer. And yes... my hair is thinning, I will keep cutting it shorter and shorter as more falls out. I'll beat it at it's own game!

Nathan said...

Sorry that last pot was obviously me.

Anonymous said...

This looks delicious! I made some seafood crepes a while back and they were a hit! I wish we had fresh lobster I wouldn't have to sell an arm to get here!