Tuesday, October 7, 2008

In The Kitchen With Charlotte

On Monday's I usually go over to my friend Charlotte's during the afternoon. We usually bake something yummy and drink tea. Yesterday we were in the kitchen and Charlotte had gotten a package of smoked pork out of the refrigerator and we were eating it. It was really good but a fly happened to fly into the bag (gross!) so we put it in the oven to heat it up and kill the germs. After it was done heating Charlotte took it out of the oven and put it on the stove and covered it with a dish towel. We had mixed up a bowl of granola and put it in the oven after we took the meat out. While the granola was cooking we decided to drink some tea and look for maternity clothes for Charlotte. Charlotte put the kettle on and we went into the studio to get on the computer. We were hanging out for about 15 minutes when Brownie ran in to the room yelling "FIRE, FIRE, MAMA THERE'S A FIRE IN THE KITCHEN"! We both jumped up and ran into the kitchen. The towel on the meat was engulfed in flame. Charlotte had turned on the wrong burner! Charlotte grabbed the towel and threw it in the sink and I opened the back door to try and let some of the smoke out of the kitchen.

Charlotte and the towel

What was left of the towel

15 Minutes later we were back to drinking tea but it was definitely an insane moment. It's never dull in the Carroll household.