Tuesday, February 22, 2011

My New BFF...

...the crock-pot! I've used my crock-pot off and on but the last few weeks I've been working later and coming home at 7 or 7:30 and making dinner from start to finish just takes to long and I don't have the energy.
I've been throwing meat in the crock-pot before I head to work and when I get home all I have to do is fix a vegetable and dinner is done! I thought I'd take a couple posts and share some of my creations.

Blackberry Pork Loin

Sprinkle the pork loin with salt, pepper, dried thyme and rosemary and drizzle 1/2 cup of honey over the top.

Next dump a jar of blackberry jam over the top (I used some I made last year) and cook on low for around 8 hours or 4 on high.


It turned out really well and I sauteed some kale with shallot and white wine to go with it.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

i love mine too! it's so nice that there really is more to it than stew and creamy dishes!!