Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Grilled Vegetable Cousous Salad

I made this salad about three weeks ago and unfortunately for you I didn't write down any sort of guess on measurements. The great thing is that you can pretty grill your veggies of choice, throw in some cheese and herbs and your done.

I grilled:
red peppers
yellow squash
zucchini
Vidalia onion
chicken


I then chopped everything up in to a medium dice and put it in a large bowl.
I cooked a 10 oz. box of Near East brand plain couscous and after it cooled added it to me veggies and chicken. I then add some feta cheese. Goat cheese would be yummy too.


I didn't have any fresh basil so I used some dried that I had on hand.
I made a simple dressing with balsamic vinegar, minced garlic, salt, pepper, and Dijon mustard.

Toss it all together and your done! An all in one meal that doesn't require you to turn on the oven on those super hot days.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

yep, i'll be making this one!!