Monday, July 9, 2012

What I Did Saturday Morning

First you need to head over to Nathans blog and read his post on catching lobster on Friday night. Because lobsters only live 24 hours on ice before they die cooking them soon is essential. We already had dinner plans on Saturday night so Saturday morning I had to cook these guys and remove the meat. I have a couple recipes that I will be trying out soon. 

So after I filled my pot with water, a little salt, lemon and bay leaves I pulled the box of lobsters out of the refrigerator. I don't like having live animals scratching around in a box in my fridge.

I decided to throw the biggest one in the pot first. It took me a little while to get up enough nerve to throw him in. I've only cooked lobster once before and it was way back when I was in school. 
 All done! They look so much prettier once they're cooked. Next I had to remove the meat from the tails and claws. It was a lot of hard work but hopefully it will be worth it.

No comments: