Tuesday, July 19, 2011

A Little Bit Of A Party

Last Sunday was my 25th birthday. My sweet husband and a few close friends planned a little party for me on Thursday night. It was a ton of fun and I even made a special dress for the occation. Here are a few pictures from the celebration.









I had seen in a magazine months ago a cheese, wine and olive party. Three of my most favorite things! Nathan, of course, remembered and made it the theme.




Brandy made the most amazing dessert! Baked merigues floating in lemony custard with raspberries. Lemon just happens to be one of my favorites!










My dress is made from a 1970's maxidress pattern. I was really wanting to make a 1930's dress but could find the pattern I wanted. A couple weeks before I read that the 1970's long maxidress style was adapted from dress styles of the 30's. After reading that I can really see the similarities. Anyway, I remembered an old pattern of my mothers and pulled it out and it looked like it could work. One day I want to make a shorter version without the sleeves.

I had asked Brandy & Charlotte to take a picture of Nathan and I...somehow it turned into a mini photo shoot.













Thanks for making my birthday so wonderful!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: