Thursday, July 28, 2011

Savannah Restaurant Reveiw: The Green Truck Pub

After going to see Harry Potter for my birthday we decided to go out to eat. Statesboro has no venues with wonderful food + amazing beer + being local to the area. So we decided to head to Savannah for a few hours. We had an idea of where we wanted to go but on the way down I remembered some friends telling us about the Green Truck.
After calling up my SIL for directions (we don't own smart phones) we found it without much trouble and were sat in about 20 minutes.

They have mason jar lighting around the bar area and all wooden booths.



We started out with a beer from Wild Heaven in Athens GA. It was the first time I have tried one of Eric Johnsons beers and it was quite tasty.







The burgers were fabulous! I had the Rustico burger with goat cheese, balsamic caramized onions, roasted red peppers and fresh basil. Nahans burger was the Hot Rod Deluxe which was their classic burger topped with bacon, onions, and mushrooms. The fries were just as good as the burgers and their homemade ketchup was so good I wanted to buy it in bulk and bring it home with me.




Our second beer was a Victory Golden Monkey. It's another tasty beer that went great with our burger and fries.



It was so nice to get out of the boro for a few hours and enjoy great food, beer and time together. I really wish Statesboro had more to offer so we didn't have to drive 45 minutes. We can't wait to go back and try some more of their beer selection as well as their
award winning burgers!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: