Saturday, December 13, 2008

Something New

So I've been bored at work for quite a while because I'm not learning anything new. It's frustrating when you do the same thing everyday and I'm not really advancing in my knowledge of my field. It's discouraging sometimes because there is so much to know and learn about in culinary arts and I feel like I'm stuck were I'm working. Anyway, I did get to do something new today!! It might not sound interesting to everyone else but I got to butcher a swordfish. No, not the whole fish but we do get these large pieces of meat that have to be butchered and cut down to portions we can serve. It was really fun and it made my morning a little more exciting. It made me want to go deep sea fishing...those things have some crazy thick skin. Yeah for learning something new!!

1 comment:

Brandy said...

very interesting, i would have been totally grossed out! thanks for coming by today!