Friday, June 4, 2010

Latta Plantation

Last weekend my parents came up for a few days. We showed them around Charlotte a little on Friday and Saturday we went to Latta Plantation. It's a 1800's plantation that is located right outside Charlotte in Huntersville. They were having their living history day so it was fun to see everything in action. One of the neatest things was the bee man. Cloister Honey is located here in Charlotte and they make honey and candles. Nathan and I would love to have bee's one day so we had a lot of questions. They offer classes on how to get started and we're hoping to take it sometime in the future.










3 comments:

chloe said...

i've always wanted to learn beekeeping. y'all should totally do it.

Molly said...

Yeah I've been looking on Craigslist and I've found some hives in the area. I think it would be really fun!

Polly said...

My Dad used to have bees-- he really enjoyed it!!